Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spa Construction Blog: A Tale of Patience

Once upon a time there was a girl with a dream.  OK, she was actually a woman and the once upon a time was actually right now, but you know what I'm saying.  Anyhoo...

Seven years ago, I became a nail tech and discovered that I really loved it. I loved it so much that five and a half years ago, with the help of my mum, I opened my own nail spa.  Thanks to my fabulous clients and crew, we prospered over the years and the time came to grow.  That's when the waiting game began.

We entered in to protracted negotiations with our landlord about space.  It took MONTHS to find common ground, but in the end we did.  We began tell all of you about our plans; that we'd be opening a full spa, with waxing and facials, body wraps and professional makeup application and lessons.  We expected to be in our new space and open by September 2010.  Well, it's the first of December today and, as you know, we're not in our new space.  *heavysigh*

Well... At long last, construction on the new space has begun!!!! YAY!!!!!  In this blog, I'll be posting updates and photos of progress.  I won't give an estimated completion date, because I've learned that lesson the hard way, but I'll certainly let you know, as soon as we know.




This will be our Esthetics room


how could you possibly get clean washing in this sink?

our bashful general contractor

2 comments:

  1. So excited! Can't wait for y'all to be in this new space. I know you're really looking forward to it -- and all of us customers are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy McDonough LerandeauDecember 23, 2010 at 2:16 PM

    What fun. I would love to swing one of those hammers. They let you do it on Designed to Sell on HGTV. Good luck with progress. Wish I were there to help you. I love stuff like this - you know, tearing old stuff down and building new. Mostly the tearing down and throwing away part. Love to you all. Nancy

    ReplyDelete